Handmade is Better.
I figured that keeping my hands and mind busy today would be a good idea. Ellie has gone through another growth spurt, and the thought of heading to Target with 4 kiddos and my energy level sounded pretty daunting. So I set out to make Ellie some shorts out of this pattern... vintage is always good! (Thanks Grami Tami!...check out the glasses on that first girl. Classic.)
45 minutes later I had a great pair of pink shorts...for Sydney. Try #2 yielded a twin pair for Ellie. There's just something about starting with raw materials, and ending with something cute and useful! Now if only I trusted my tailoring skills to add a little length for those stems. :) 
45 minutes later I had a great pair of pink shorts...for Sydney. Try #2 yielded a twin pair for Ellie. There's just something about starting with raw materials, and ending with something cute and useful! Now if only I trusted my tailoring skills to add a little length for those stems. :) (I'm stealing the idea for Three word Thursday from here. I wish I had an ounce of Cathe's artistic talent!)

as for your tailoring skills, try this. if there's a double line below the crotch and assuming the crotch fits fine, cut the pattern there and add the amount of length that you want. if that is now the case, just go straight down from the side and inside seams and add the amount desired. if the look funky just tell the girls that their grami tami made them! love you glad to hear you are feeling better.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! You are so handy, maybe you can teach me something...
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDeleteHey Sis, I was glad that I got to talk to you on the phone yesterday.. I miss ya, Love ya, and am super thankful that you're okay. Hope to talk to you again sometime soon. XO
ReplyDelete