Monday, June 29, 2009

'Drive-In' Movies

We are finding it increasingly harder to take the whole crew out to the movies - too many crying fits, bathroom trips, and don't even get me started on the prices! So we've found a way to bring them to us! We move the TV and DVD player out onto the patio just for the night, and every Friday night the kiddos get to have 'a night out'. The plan is to get the kids to watch some of the oldies but goodies that Joel and I grew up loving, as well as some newer releases. The best part is that Paige sleeps soundly through the whole event safely in her crib!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great idea Angie! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. They are starting to have movies at the BandShell at Julia Davis Park. Paul wanted to go on Saturday, and the way Brennen holds still (NOT!!), I didn't want to chase him all night. Your Drive"in" movie night is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma T. wants to come and join you! What FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I think I've heard of doing this before...j/k We'll have to do a big one again this summer!

    ReplyDelete