Friday, January 23, 2009

Wait a second......

I was leaving Costco this morning, and right in front of me was a very dressed up Mommy-type (Maybe she wasn't, I don't know) who was talking on her cell phone while pushing a cart loaded to the hilt with stuff and trying to avoid slipping into the large puddles in her stiletto heels. I only noticed her simply because it was kind of a comical sight. Hang up the phone already! Little did I know that it would get more comical. We both started heading in the same direction, and she stopped at a Chevy Tahoe one car over from our van. She opened the back hatch and started loading her stuff just as I started loading the kids and food into our van. All of a sudden I heard a scream, followed by another scream. The OWNER of the Chevy Tahoe, who was sitting in the driver's seat, had been startled by the woman who was loading her groceries into the back of THEIR car. Stiletto woman had screamed about someone being in HER car. When she realized that she had the wrong car, she sheepishly said something about being confused, and then looked around to realize that HER Tahoe was parked directly across from this Tahoe. I just about died laughing. I really shouldn't have, but it was just too funny. I called over to the woman and reassured her that it could have happened to anyone. I just hope it never happens to me!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!
    And I thought I had a funny parking lot story this week. I watched a guy (in a HUGE hurry) park his 1970's Bronco and run into the store. Seconds later as I was unloading my groceries, I saw said Bronco slowly backing out of the parking spot. One problem....the only passenger was a dog in the back seat. He had left it in neutral and it rolled into another car. As I started yelling for him to come back, another lady jumped out of her van and started yelling too. It was my dear friend Tiffany. Of all the people standing there watching this...we were the only 2 to say anything. The guy did come right back out and the owner of the other car said "no dent no foul." It was a funny thing to watch, but yours is SO much funnier!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fun, but I am NOT a good cook!:)

    I must have adhd, because your cute snowflakes falling on your blog makes me lose my concentration and I have to keep re -reading your post!!!! :) How retarded am I??? I

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not retarded Aubrey - I wondered why when I reviewed my pages lately, I kept getting headaches. I'm turning it off now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! That is hilarious! I only wish I could have seen this in action! :D

    ReplyDelete