I was all excited to tell everyone about our new recipe blog (whoo-hoo!), but the events of last night unfortunately have overshadowed the excitement.
The girls have had the flu that's going around, and Sydney kept me busy all day yesterday with her sick-ness demands, such as "Hold my hand, but only like this" and "Mommy, make me feel me better!" amid her unintelligible screams. I finally got around to cleaning the bathroom that was in dire need about 7pm - and Paige who was finally feeling better, decided to "help" me. Unfortunately, I was a little too engrossed in cleaning the gross floor, and she slipped out the door to the top of the stairs (YEP - THOSE BLASTED STAIRS), where I had put the trash can and hamper full of dirty clothes. Before I knew it, she was standing against the hamper, and they, together fell down those BS's (that is 'blasted stairs', where's your mind?) :). It made the most awful sound, and then there was nothing. Screaming, Joel and I both got to her at the same time, pulled the heavy hamper off of her, and turned her around to find blood EVERYWHERE around her mouth. Then the screaming and the writhing started. I'm grateful to say that I stayed calm, even though I wanted to scream right along with her. We could tell right away that it wasn't minor, so we called our friends the Low's over (Even though it was their daughter's birthday - THANK YOU GUYS!), and rushed her to the ER. They did a catscan and checked her vitals, saying that she was concussed. 2 hours later they sent me up to Primary Children's with her to see a Pediatric Dental Specialist, who had to sedate her so that he could extract one of her two teeth that had broken and embedded below her gumline. OUCH. They had some problems with the IV coming loose, and I was the only one to notice that she wasn't actually sedated when they started working on her tooth. CAN YOU SAY DRAMA??? Thankfully though, they were able to get the tooth out and several stitches put in her lacerations. We got back home around 3:30 am - and had to get the other kiddos up at 7 for school. She's resting today with one huge mouth and not much of an appetite. I can honestly say that I would never like to go back to Primary Children's. EVER. AGAIN. I do have to look at the silver lining, because I fully recognize how blessed we are to have healthy, if not accident prone kiddos. I can't imagine the stress and worry some of those parents were going through that I saw in the ER waiting room. For now, I'm off to grab a 20 minute nap while Paige and Syd nap - Wish me luck! I'll put up some pictures later when the rawness of what happened last night has worn off! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is aweful! Mouth wounds are the worst, I had my fare share growing up, I should know! Sorry.
ReplyDeleteOh our poor Paige!!! I'm sorry guys! Please give her a hug and kiss for us, and tell her we hope she feels better soon, and we hope the kiddos that have the flu feel better soon too.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys,
Jas and Mandy
OH ANGIE!!!! I'm glad she's OK! You just have rotten luck! I only have one who is accident prone....so we only went to the ER twice last year.
ReplyDeleteHope you can get some rest!
Hello! I found your recipe blog through Claire and am lucky enough to be a contributor. I just found this blog, from that blog. Make sense?
ReplyDeleteAnyway... just have to tell you that I noticed you have a daughter named Paige and a daughter named Sydney. So do I!!!! Paige is 9; Sydney 10.