Monday, November 3, 2008

Rocco

I've been waiting to post anything about the D-O-G. I'm just not too excited about him, surprise, surprise. But I guess it's about time we introduce the world to our (JOEL'S) dog. His 'papers' name is Monsieur Rocco. Joel and the kids just call him Rocco. He actually is a beautiful animal. All pure bred with red hair and white spots. He's even fairly well behaved. But, alas, he's a digger. Anyone ever read 'How I Became A Pirate'? The line 'He's a digger, that one, and a good one to boot!' keeps running through my head. It makes me want to break out in pirate song! Ha ha. No really though. He's driving me crazy. We cannot keep him out of the dirt/grass/rocks etc. Joel has been GREAT about cleaning up ALL of his messes...which are many. His favorite spot to dig is right next to the patio. He throws all the dirt up onto the patio...2 or 3 times a day. It's a good thing it's the end of the garden season so that there's only empty planting beds rather than flower/produce plants that he can dig up. He just better learn before next season that it's NOT ok to dig...then he might survive the wrath of me. He does do something really funny though. Every night after the kids go to bed, Joel brings him in the house (I know. *gasps all around*) to try to get him used to being calm in the house. It has yet to work, so he gets sent back outside. There's a window right above the couch in the basement, and he climbs up on the ledge of the window, sticks his head between the glass panes, and sits and quivers on the ledge because he's so uncomfortable. Please disregard the horribly dirty window in the picture! Poor dumb dog. He might just win me over by being pathetic. (Don't hate me dog lovers...I'm trying REALLY hard!!!)

3 comments: