Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloweenie

Sydney kept asking "Is it Halloweenie yet?" all week. If you could only hear her little voice - too cute! The kids had their school parties and parades on Thursday. Ever the frugal one, of course, last minute I was scrambling to make the miscellaneous accessories required to round out their costumes. I stayed up until 1am sewing the night before. I just hope they know how much their Mom loves them! I was able to take the little girls to Ellie's school to watch her parade. It was cute to see all of the creative costumes. Haddon's class got to parade and trick or treat through the hospital right next door to the school. He was practically giddy when he got home. I'm sure it was just a sugar high!

Halloween day was a whirlwind of activities. We went trick or treating at our friend Andrea's office, and stopped over at Joel's office to show off the kiddies. We made baked 'riga-bony' lasagna for dinner, and then Joel took the 3 oldest out to trick or treat, while I finished getting ready for the party we hosted after trick or treating. We had so much fun with our ward friends, and hope to make it a tradition from now on. We're thinking that Zack and Martin should quit their day jobs to become speed eaters. Way to eat a donut guys!

Needless to say, we have W-A-Y too much candy floating around our house now. If I look like I've gained some weight, you'll know why!!! Enjoy the pics!


Joel Dirt

The Happy Couple - Joel Dirt and the Perfect Wife

Isn't this bunny be-oot-e-mus?

Jack Sparrow, the perplexed carrot, and the blushing bride

Doughnuts on a string - A close one, but Martin reigns champion!

Look at that happy apple bobber!

The Costume Contest winners...Woo-Hoo Jack Sparrow and Goofy guy!

3 comments:

  1. That really looked fun! Great costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have a party next year we will come for sure! You all looked great and look like your having a blast!

    ReplyDelete