Friday, November 14, 2008

Gratitude.

This is the time of year for sharing our blessings. Today, I am grateful for a ton of things, but I'm most grateful for my forgetfulness. What?!? Yes, I said forgetfulness. I was at Joann Fabric store getting some bits and baubles for Christmas gifts, and was getting the babies buckled back into the car. Paige has gotten so big that I can't bring in her carrier any more, so I was struggling with the keys and her wiggly little body to get buckled back into her carseat. Finally, I tossed the keys onto the front seat so that I could buckle her safely. I got her buckled, and closed the door, only to realize that the automatic locks had already locked, and I was now standing outside of the locked car that Sydney and Paige were inside of. *SIGH* Here's where the gratitude comes in. In all of my struggling with Paige, I had forgotten to buckle Sydney, so I was able to coax her into the driver seat, and get her to unlock the door for me. Yay! Disaster averted! With only one car to our family, it could have turned into quite the ordeal getting the girls out safely and warmly! I'm grateful that my heavenly father recognizes that we scatterbrains need to be thrown a bone every once in a while too!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I would have died! Luckily my car is so old that it doesn't have automatic locks *grin*. Anyway, Isn't Heavenly Father truly wonderful? Gotta love those tender mercies!

    btw - is this a Christmas background? Did you forget about Thanksgiving:)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!! We did that when Karina was 2! No such luck convincing her to unlock it! We had to break a window.

    ReplyDelete