Friday, September 5, 2008

Drumroll Please...

The rooms upstairs are finished! Okay. Maybe it's not that big of a deal to everyone else, but I'm just sooo excited to be done with them! There are still a few minor things to do, well, and the bathroom (*ugh*), but we've made progress. Two weeks ago, Joel and I moved our bed into the family room downstairs so that we could do our room. We had lofty goals of getting it done all in one day. Two weeks later, it's finished, and we got to move everything back. It was so nice sleeping in our room last night! It may not look like we did much...but let me show you how bad it was in the beginning! Flat yellow paint on every single surface, dirt EVERYWHERE, paint splatters all over the hardwood floors, and trim and doors that were original to the 50's house. I even changed out all of the old electrical outlets myself! Being a perfectionist has it's drawbacks though - it took me forever to do the paint in all of the rooms. I may just have to agree with my Dad - I hate painting...and yet, I'm (with Joel helping a little bit) painting all of the surfaces in my house. Go figure. Enjoy the pics. They really don't do it justice, in my opinion! :)
Haddon's room before

Haddon's room after. He LOVES his "cubby" as he calls it - he curls up in it with a pillow and blanket to read. Note how he finally got to put his CARS stickers up!

The girls' room before

The girls' room after. Sorry for the bad pic. Syd was napping when I shot it. There are cute vinyl flowers all over the walls courtesy of my Cricut. And Mom H. - check out those curtains I made! I think it needs a built in bookshelf, but that's down the road...

The master before

The master after. I am in love with this green. The plan is to add bat-and-board with a picture ledge about 2/3 of the way up the walls. That's the next project....for now we're just enjoying fresh, clean rooms!

8 comments:

  1. Looks great - want to come paint my kitchen cabinets????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if you'll help me do mine after yours Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why did I think your girls room was painted lime green? Anyway, I already told you I'd help you paint whenever you need it, you know I love to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha- I was thinking the girls room was lime green too. Angie it all looks great! How was cutting the vinyl on your cricut? I haven't tried it yet but I was wondering how it worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! So cute and homey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get the vinyl to cut with your cricut? My SIL has one and she lets me borrow it- I wanna try that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie your rooms look great! If you have any ideas for my house let me know!

    ReplyDelete