Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Wal-Mart is for Sinners

We went out to dinner tonight. (Something that happens WAY too often for a family with 4 kids...:)...but it's because Mom is just too worn out to cook of course!) We decided to try a little Mom and Pop place by our house, which didn't turn out too well. Joel's food was awful and the service was even worse, which just laid the ground for our little trip to Wal-Mart afterwards. We are headed to Boise tomorrow, so I needed to stop and get a few things for the trip. Rather than take everyone home and come back later, we decided to brave Wal-Mart with all 6 of us. Mind you, Joel was already cranky from the restaurant, and it's the first of the month, ie, payday, so every single (obnoxious) person was inside our Wal-Mart. It took forever just to get a few items, and check out in the ridiculously long lines...at the self check out. (Don't even get me started on all the reasons why I should not shop there, and yet, I still do!) By the time we got back to the van, Joel's patience was shot. As we were loading the kids into the van, he even thanked me for doing all of the regular shopping without him (*awwww*). Right as we were backing out of our space, a kid who was skateboarding lost control of his board, and it hit our van. A certain explitive slipped out of Joel's mouth, and there was a stunned silence from the kids. After Joel had checked the van and the kid to make sure they were okay (they were), I took the time to explain to the kids that Dad had said a naughty word, and that they were never to use that word. Haddon in all seriousness said "Dad, you need to repent." That was followed by an eruption of laughter and Joel apologizing for using a bad word. The moral of the story is that if you don't want to become a sinner, don't shop at Wal-Mart. :)

*****I forgot to mention that I also spilled a pitcher of water in his lap while at the restaurant...I'm sorry Joel!!*****

9 comments:

  1. Sure you couldn't make a trip to St. George with us but this is your second trip to Boise. I see how you are!! We really need to get together even if it is to go walking or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where'd you go to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what time are you guys leaving for Boise? We are leaving at about noon today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I saw this post on craigslist and thought of you. I dont know if they are sold or not or if you would even like them but you can check them out.

    http://provo.craigslist.org/fur/738407241.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading your post caused me to think of all the fun experiences I too have had at my local Wal-Mart. Maybe we should record those in a small journal! Hahaha. In answer to your question concerning Twilight: yes. I very much recommend the book. It's not a challenging read by any means (it's written for young adults) but it's a fun way to escape reality and make believe there's beautiful vampires :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked this template for mine too, then I changed my mind, but I LOVE IT! I know, Wal Mart brings out the worst in me. And that dang popcorn chicken........:) BOISE eh? If you have a spare moment to see old friends.... wink wink;);)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey if you come see Alli, you have to see me too!! We only live 2 blocks apart! :D

    You must read Twilight!!! It is so fun! I'm gearing up to read all 3 again before the 4th comes out in August! I just love sitting and gabbing about it with the girls. I've gotten 2 of my sis in laws hooked just so I can talk to them about it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Angie and Joel,
    First I have to saw, Angie please consult with Joel on the colors for your blog. I have enough pink in my life already so maybe "I'M ON PINK OVERLOAD!" Really it looks great. Loved the walmart sinner story. I can't wait to go hit the Sawtooth Mountains and do some fishing and site seeing next week. Hope all is well, Love ya.
    Justin and Girls

    ReplyDelete