Our trip to Boise for the 4th was a blast...stay tuned for photos! At least it was until Saturday when Ellie got sick with the vomiting, achy flu while at the park for a family reunion. I chalked it up to too much junk food, too much sun, and not enough sleep, until Sydney got it as well, all over Joel's shirt that evening. That night both girls were really ill, and Ellie requested a blessing. Grandpa H, Uncle Chad, and Joel gave both of the girls blessings (Thank you!). Sydney watched wide eyed and quietly through her entire blessing. In keeping with the saying 'misery loves company', Joel and Grandma H ended up with it during the night as well. Needless to say, our trip home Sunday took longer than usual because of our frequent stops. I'm writing this not for sympathy, but to link it to tonights' story. As we were putting the (now well) girls to bed tonight, 1 year old Sydney said the prayer. It was simple and sweet, and full of the spirit. What a proud Mommy I am! It's such a blessing when the gospel principles we strive to teach actually come across in their daily activities. Ellie knew that a Priesthood blessing would help her out of her misery, and Sydney watched and learned the importance of prayer. Who knew that so much good could come out of something so 'icky'!?!
I am so glad to hear you are all better!!!! You guys sure have your fair shre of sickies!:)
ReplyDeleteHow cute about sydney's prayer!
I wonder what was the cause of the flu because Keri, Mark and Melissa all got it too... Hmmm kinda weird
ReplyDelete