I feel like I've been away on a long trip or something - it's been so long since I've been online! We've just been really busy with Adam here, Ellie getting stitches, and the Thueson family reunion in Mapleton this weekend - such a blast! Yes, you read that right, Ellie had to be just like her brother, and get stitches. Thursday morning Adam and I decided to mow the lawn, so we were all outside playing and working. Ellie, forever the bike lover now, was riding her bike. These photos were taken moments before the accident.


I was weeding my flower beds, when I heard the unmistakable cry of a hurt child - Ellie was walking slowly back towards the house, holding her arm and her chin. I ran to her, and pulled her hand away to find a bloody mess of her chin. I rushed her in to the sink while little Adam (I'm so proud!) brought in the baby and Sydney, and went and gathered the bike from the neighbor's house. She was hysterical and kept saying her arm hurt too. Ugh. I thought for sure it was broken. Joel was able to come and take her to the ER - Her arm turned out to be fine, but she ended up with 8 stitches - 2 internal, 6 topical. Not quite as bad as Haddon's 20 something stitches, but traumatic nonetheless! The funniest part about the whole thing is that while the doctor was getting ready to stitch her up, she told him that her brother had dared her to ride her bike without her hands, and that was why she had gone over the handlebars. Later that day over lunch, Joel was lecturing Haddon for encouraging something so crazy. Amid his pleas of innocence, little Ellie, thumb in her mouth, said "I might have made that up". A stunned silence from Mom and Dad was followed by laughter and "You liar!!!" from Haddon. At least he didn't hold a grudge. I think we might have to watch out for Ellie and her mischievous ways! She's doing well now, just hating Mom for making her change her bandages. This last photo is of Ellie basking in the excitement of milkshakes from Iceberg and 8 stitches!
Poor Ellie! What a stinker :)
ReplyDeleteHey Guys,
ReplyDeleteTell Ellie we are sorry she got hurt, but glad she's doing better! I think you guys are going to have to watch out for little miss mischief when she's about 10 LOL! First she hides your keys and you think Sydney did it,and now this. SHe is too funny LOL!jas
Glad so is okay! That is hilarious that she made up that Haddon dared her - I did the same thing when I broke my arm when I was 8, I had to make the story sound better :)!
ReplyDeleteI hate typos! I meant to say Glad SHE is okay - not so is okay! Ugh!
ReplyDeleteStitches! Crazy! And how come no pictures from that and the family reunion... come on.. hook a brotha up!
ReplyDeleteThere we go! Did you see my new ones??
ReplyDeleteDidn't Ellie suck her thumb when she was little? Her teeth are the same shape as my girls and they suck theirs! What a trooper! Dimples to die for!
ReplyDelete