Sunday, June 1, 2008

Apparently I couldn't even handle painting a dresser yesterday. Oh well, we went yardsale-ing as a family, had ice cream cones at McD's, and then spent the afternoon and evening with our cousins - all in all, a very fun and relaxing day - thanks fam!

I'm not sure how we got on the subject, but at lunch today Joel and I could not agree over whether (him), or not (me), the trachea and esophagus are the same thing. As in - the food goes down the same tube the air does. I know, so totally random - but for some reason it was so important that I was right! It is a lot harder to prove than you would think. But I did it! Ha-ha (insert gleeful dance here). It's so silly that Joel and I get competitive over such trivial things - and yet we do. I realize fully that I should honor the priesthood holder of my house, but sometimes I just can't help myself. Thankfully, Joel loves that I am a fiesty person - he seems to enjoy our little arguments. I love you honey, maybe you'll win the next one!

Since this seems to be a post of randomness - Kira and I had a thought provoking question last night - When interviewing for a job, who, if anyone, actually checks whether or not you have the college degree you say you do? Which also brings to light the question: How many people are actually qualified for the positions they work in? Maybe we'll never know the answers, but it does make you wonder, doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. You two crack me up. Dell and I used to get into quarrels like that until I took anatomy and physiology. Now he just assumes I'm right! And about the employment thing: I was working at the president's office when I took a phone call from an employer that was checking on an applicant's academic records. They wanted to confirm that this applicant actually received the degree he claimed to have gotten. So I guess some people actually do check on that stuff! Who knew!

    ReplyDelete