Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mommy needs to move on

My little guy is no longer a kindergartner!!! I just can not get over the fact that my sweet baby boy is no longer a baby. He'll always be my baby, let's just get that straight! But...when I asked him yesterday if he was going to miss his teacher, his school, his class, he responded with a 'nah.' Isn't that what a teenager responds with? He did recant and say that he might miss Mrs. L, but other than that, he was pretty nonchalant. Boo hoo for me! Okay, I'm done being sad. Haddon is moving on, and so shall I. He did have a pretty eventful week though. We spent the long weekend up in Boise for my brother's graduation from college. Congrats Erik! After a late night traveling home Monday, Tuesday morning we attended Haddon's awards assembly at school. He received the principals' award for academics and citizenship. Go Haddon! Wednesday he had a field day at school, an afternoon playing with his friend Zach, and a Bee's game with Dad while the girls went to dinner at a friends' house. Thursday morning, he had a graduation ceremony at school, complete with a cap and diploma. It was so cute to see the kids beaming with excitement because they were moving up to 'big-kid' school. I might have shed a few tears. Yesterday, Friday, was his last day (sob!) and in the afternoon, he and his sisters got to go to a birthday party for some friends in the neighborhood. They had one of those giant bouncy-house water slides for the kids to play on. We had to pry their little fingers off the thing four hours into the party so that we could go to a block party barbecue. Today, at a 'late' 8:30 in the morning, we are relaxing. The sound of PS2 is coming up the stairs, Ellie is chowing on some cap'n crunch, Joel is on a long bike ride, and the babies are still asleep. I love Saturdays after a busy week. The only thing on my agenda today is painting a dresser. I can handle that! Congrats to my sweet little boy for advancing to your first real school year. You have learned letters, numbers, reading, writing, simple (and sometimes complex!) math, and the delicacies of making and keeping friends. You have done so much this year, and you've done it so well. For now, let's just enjoy the simplicity of summer. I love you kiddo!

2 comments:

  1. Oh our little Haddon is growing up so fast! Tell him we said congrats on his graduation! Don't be sad Angie! He may be growing up, but he will always love and need his parents, we all do! Even though there may be times (his teenage years) when it doesn't seem like it, he will always love you and he will always be your sweet baby boy. Even when he's 30 LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy.. seems like just yesterday when he was a big round baby!

    ReplyDelete