Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taxes - dun-dun-dun!

So I just wanted to say that I am so grateful to not be scrambling last minute to get the taxes done. AND that we're not at the point where we dread tax time - and payments to the IRS! I'm just saying!

The other day Haddon seemed to have grown overnight, so I told him that this was a direct order from his Mom - Stop growing, right now! His response "I can't control these things Mom - God made me this way!"

So I completely spaced taking Ellie to her dance lesson this morning. When I realized it over dinner tonight, I felt so bad and apologized to Ellie. She looked at me without any emotion and said "You need to calendar these things."

Sydney has become a little copycat - but the things she repeats sound so much cuter than the original. We were swimming with some friends Saturday night, and I was holding Syd in the pool. We had a toy diving rocket. It was really heavy, so I tossed it, thinking it would sink, but instead it shot across the surface and hit my friend in the back. Of course I said "I'm so sorry!" A little while later, Syd found the toy and picked it up and threw it and then said "Awm show sarrrreeeeee!!" with a big grin on her face. It became her favorite thing to do the rest of the night.

After I put the kids to bed tonight, I was holding Paige while lounging on the couch. I was holding her upright and talking to her while she smiled at me. I had just baby talked (I can't help myself) how adorable she was, when she broke out in a huge grin, and then puked all over herself. The second she finished, she grinned at me again, and let out a little laugh. Apparently she amused herself.

(I just thought I'd make you really miss the kids Mom!) Love ya!

5 comments:

  1. hey there! thanks for leaving a comment! Your family is so cute. We miss you guys...especially sitting with E at church. Brooks loves her.

    my advice for hair...the expensive salons are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND...

    Please feel free to poach the stripe quilt! I wouldn't have posted it online if I didn't want everyone to try it out!

    can't believe how much the kids have grown! Hopefull we can get together with you guys and the Stubbs fam this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed dance too! Your kids say the funniest things!:) I am with you....STOP GROWING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I am going to try this! I just have to comment! I have the smartest, cutest, and most clever grandkids!! I do miss you all terribly! I do love your mushroom haircut. Honest, it will just take time. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know you had a blog! I'm happy you said something about it on facebook so I could see pictures of your cute kids :)

    ReplyDelete