Monday, April 7, 2008

Hair, Oh hair!

So I've been trying to convince my sweet husband to let me cut my hair, and I finally succeeded. His only concern was that I would get a cheap cut, and end up with a "mushroom head". I assured him that with my hair, there's no difference between a cheap or expensive cut, and that he wouldn't have to worry, I'd only have them cut it to my shoulders. So off Ellie and I went to have our mommy-daughter date at the local Fantastic Sam's. The girl who cut my hair had way cute longer hair, and I told her that I wanted it similar to hers, with the shortest layer at my shoulder. Ellie got hers cut "just like mommy's" by another girl, and sat and enjoyed her sucker while mine was finishing. We paid for our haircuts, thanked them, and left. When I got home, Joel and the other kids came running to see Mom's new hair. Joel's first response was "It's ...short" with a smile on his face. I assured him that it still needed to be styled. So off I went to try to style my new do. As I blow-dried and curled my hair, it became evident that my lovely short haircut was not quite what I wanted. And to top things off, I suddenly and mysteriously had curly hair at the back of my neck, which once straightened, became a frizzy wave that pushed the straight hair out into the inevitable "mushroom"....so now it's been three days, and all I can say is I'm grateful for my tiny ponytail and a husband who loves me even though I never take his advice.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, it wasn't that bad! I'm sure you'll get used to it. Anyway, functioning at 3 am isn't the surprise, it is that I'm still awake and functioning now! I've been up since 9 am Sunday morning. Anyway, lesson learned from you, pay the big bucks when I decide to chop my hair! (which I hopefully never convince myself to do!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie- You should have joel take a picture of yours and Ellie's hair so we all can see it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kira - but that would mean I have to do my hair, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete