Dad, Papa, Duddy - you are and always will be the first man I ever loved. You spoiled me, taught me the gospel (Thank you!!!), taught me how to fix just about anything (even my car after my first car wreck), and made sure that any guy who dared cross the threshold of our house was thoroughly terrified before taking me out on a date...Joel included. ;) Thank you for all of it. I miss you. I adore you. I love you!!!
Jim, Jimbo, Pops - you gave me my husband. The father of my children. The one who honors his priesthood, gives service freely, can crack a joke with the best of them, and can fix just about anything (except parts of our dang house...thanks for stepping in so often on that one!) - all because YOU taught him how. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Love you!!!
Joel,(I'll spare you the embarrassment of putting the nickname on here publicly) - My best friend. My lover. My devils advocate. Father of my children. What can I say but that I am so giddy (yes, still) that you are the one I see when I wake up every morning. That even if we're mad at each other, we can still kiss and make up after a short time, and you will most often say sorry even if it shouldn't be you saying sorry. (Ahem, I'm sorry for earlier today...;) That you are so giving and loving to our children, even though it means you're giving up a sporting event for a barbie movie, or wiping a bum because your preggo wifey is just too dang tired to do it again today, or going to Trafalga even though it's 100 freakin' degrees out and the kids aren't grateful at all, or taking them all solo on hikes so that I can prepare a lesson for my Sunday School class (although, that one you kinda brought on yourself...see earlier in this post...:) Thank you for all of it. I cherish you. I adore you. I love to watch you interact with our kiddos. The way they rush to you the moment you get home from work speaks volumes about the kind of father you are to them. Thank you for that. I love you!!!!!!
At any rate, hopefully I take my allotted 10 minutes tomorrow for my talk...Joel's conducting the meeting tomorrow, so if I don't, he'll have to speak to make up for it...could be Karma. :) Happy father's day dads!
xoxo, Angie

LOL!!! I love it!! He better appreciate all those sweet sweet words ;) I'm curious if he ever did have to get up and fill in the time...that would be TERRIBLY funny....buahahaha...!! It sounds like you guys are doing great though...I love such positive posts...we should all be so greatful :)
ReplyDelete