Tuesday, October 18, 2011

First lesson.

We got a new to us piano on Saturday.  It's an antique upright grand made in 1901, refurbished roughly 20 years ago.  Beautiful and functional.  *Love!*  I am slightly familiar with these behemoth instruments. The rest of the family, not so much.  For as long as I can remember I have wanted to learn, but never got the opportunity until my dear momma took pity on me and bought me a second hand antique not unlike the one we just acquired, when I was 16.  I took about 5 months of lessons, and then, of course, lost interest in continuing lessons.  It still sits in my mom's living room without anyone in the family who knows how to play it.  I am determined to end that tradition here.  The kids took to it like a moth to the flame the second we got it in the door...so I'm loving the special damper pedal that can lock into place...hehehe.  When we were all finally back together after church meetings Sunday, Joel announced that if we had an adult lesson manual, he might take a crack at it.  So he sat down with Sydney to hammer out his first lesson.  I kind of really just loved the moment because it involved two people that I love very much interacting without knowing they were being watched (or filmed...but blogger won't let me post it...not sure why, boo). The only sad part is that it's a little tired after a long journey...it's very out of tune.  Anyone know a good tuner???

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! My mother in law has a tuner, I'll get you the name and number.

    ReplyDelete