photo courtesy of Sydney in the flesh. :)
Her feet are in my ribs. It's hard to breathe. My leg is purple and resembles something out of a horror movie. My sciatica is regularly shooting pain down my leg. And both of my hands seem to have developed obnoxious carpal tunnel symptoms...at very inopportune times of the day...say, while pouring a large glass of milk, which then gets dropped and spilled. Grrr. Let's just say it's getting uncomfortable around here. But regardless of how uncomfortable I am, I'm so happy to be in this situation. :)
Some might think we're crazy to be having a 5th child, that it can only add to the chaos. That the world is overpopulated already. That each child doesn't get the attention they deserve. That there's not enough money to go around. But to those who might think that, I would like to share that I know without a doubt that each one of these special spirits was meant to be a part of this family. To think of one of them not being a part of my life, is to contemplate life without a limb. I know my children by heart, and love every single detail about them. I love the way they interact with each other, and how everyone has a friend and an ally when the need arises. I love the way Haddon twitches when he's nervous, and how he likes to share completely random bits of trivia he has learned along the way, just because he thinks it's interesting. I love how Ellie beams when she is complimented on her good manners, and absolutely has to look great before she walks out the door in the morning. I love how Sydney wakes timid and shy every morning, but quickly has dewy, large blue, smiling eyes when you give her a bear hug and let her crawl in bed with you. How Paige is best friends with Syd, and gets so involved in make-believe games, that you have to touch her on the shoulder to get her attention. I even love the sharp little kicks of this newest little girl, and how she seems to be a night owl like me...it's party time when everyone else is sleeping. All of them have qualities that I love, and some that I would just as soon do without. I'm sure they could say the same about me. :) I'm sorry for the soapbox, but I've been so saddened by the opinions of some, that I had to share my feelings. To the woman in the grocery store, no, I don't bring extra kids to the store with me just because it's fun. (Sheesh!) I love that our house is noisy and chaotic, and that dinner time is loud and full of laughter. I wouldn't have it any other way. So, here's to the newest little addition to the family in less than 8 weeks. We are ecstatic to add you to the family!!! (and phooey to anyone who says otherwise!)

Angie, you are one of the most capable mothers that I know. I honestly think that you could have ten kids and it wouldn't seem like too many. Your kids are so lucky! I hope that I can be a mom like you someday :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you Angie~ You are a great Mom! Not everybody can have 5 and actually do it! You will be just as amazing as you are with 4!
ReplyDeleteAmen. I loved reading that, and I know your children all feel the love you feel for them. You're fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI love this post. Thank you. I'm pregnant with our 2nd baby right now and I wonder how I'm ever going to love this child like I do the first. Every child is wonderful, I agree and I'm excited for you Angela!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Your cousin Melissa
AMEN!!!!! I got that a lot when I was prego with Meg.
ReplyDeleteYou are an amazing mom and could probably handle a dozen more! :D
oh angie! I needed to hear this today! I am already sick of people treating me as though i am a freak to pregnant again! Why should I be ashamed to have such a beautiful family? YOu really did make me feel better! You are an amazing mommy and you kids are blessed to have you!
ReplyDeleteAngie,
ReplyDeleteGood for you Angie! you are a great mom! don't let anyone tell you any different! you know your kids inside and out and give them all the love and attention they could ever want! They love you too, and are blessed to have such a great mom! love you! Can't wait to see you guys!