If it seems like I've been awol recently, it's because we've been overtaken by this thing called soccer season. I truly have become a soccer mom. I'm so unaccustomed to a sporting regimen, that it totally knocked me off my 'game'. (hehe, I think I'm so funny...) Both Haddon and Ellie are participating in the parks and rec soccer...and so is Joel. He hesitantly agreed to coach Haddon's team when they couldn't find anyone else. The funny thing is that he has never played a game of soccer in his life before this. It's been a crash-course in parent/coach/player soccer etiquette. Haddon reports laughingly that he's doing horrible....but really that he's doing a fine job. They practice one night a week, and play two games later in the week. Ellie and Haddon are both loving it, and show signs of wanting to continue the sport next season...dun,dun,dun. Joel reports that he's extremely uncertain of his future with soccer...dun,dun,dun.
I love that Haddon is almost 2 heads taller than anyone else on his team. That is how my Devin is! :D
ReplyDeleteThis is all that is running through my head......"one of these things is NOT like the other!!!".....
ReplyDeleteOh Haddon!
Haddon is taller than the rest of his team...and Ellie is the prettiest on hers! :D
ReplyDeleteCat does fall soccer and spring softball...and golf and tennis in summer! It's exhausting for me but worth it - Cat really flourishes in sports.
that's great they are playing soccer!! wish we could watch them play! Can you get video? tell them we love them and we are cheering them on all the way! Oh and that goes for joel too heehee :)
ReplyDelete