Friday, January 8, 2010

Towanda!!!

Alright Fried Green Tomato fans. I pulled a female empowerment trip yesterday. We absolutely CAN do home improvement projects without the hubs! :)

I kept getting this feeling that I needed to clean underneath the fridge, but ignored it all week long. I finally caved yesterday morning, and pulled the fridge out, only to find that the water line had sprung a leak, and had been that way for about...a week. (Hello! Listen to inspiration when it calls!) I realized I couldn't just leave it until Joel got home. So I sprang into action. Into the crawl space I went (spiders - SHUDDER), to shut off the water line that led to the fridge. It was stuck. I found the WD-40 and a pair of pliers. Water line off. Then I realized that we would need a new tube to replace the one leading to the fridge. The little girls and I headed off to Home Depot. The nice workers there led me to the supplies I needed...almost. I got home with the new tubing, only to realize that there was a special connector piece that I hadn't purchased, that I needed. Back to Home Depot we went (argh!). Once home, I took off the old tubing and put in the new. Crawl space time, again. Yuck. But, Voila! Problem solved...well except for the giant squishy floor that now belongs to me. But at least I have crystal clean water from my fridge now! It's a good thing we were already making plans to start work on the kitchen. Looks like the floor will take precedence. (Grrr). Towanda!!!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you. I hate crawl spaces. They are Jason's territory! Hey, how do you get a signature? I tried yesterday, but it's not right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used http://mylivesignature.com/
    Super easy...just don't erase the code when you start typing your post...I've only done it 10 times already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks babe, but we should all know by now who is the real Mr. fixit is in our house. It sure isn't me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Angie!!!! I have tried a few projects on my own. Not too bad, not too great either! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Angie! Hey I saw this blog post and it made me think of you... Check it out

    http://lindseycheney.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-life-for-old-door-part-1.html

    and http://lindseycheney.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-life-for-old-door-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are AWESOME!!!! I would have just pretended there was nothing wrong until Paul got home and then made him fix it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go Twanda!! You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete