
Ellie had been wiggling this tooth for weeks, and saying "Maybe someday this year, it will fall out." I kept telling her to wiggle away. But any time I would try to so much as look at her tooth, she'd freak out and run away screaming that I was going to hurt her by pulling it out. Heaven forbid my princess should get hurt by me - I figured it'd come out on it's own. So I left it alone.

Little did I know how determined her Uncle Dennis can be. :) Annie and Dennis came over for dinner to discuss vacation plans a couple weeks ago, and Ellie showed Dennis her loose tooth. Somehow, he ended up trying to help her pull it out with dental floss. I learned a few things about my new brother in law. When he sets his mind to something, he's going to get it done. And, since he's studying to be a doctor, he already has an amazing 'bed-side' manner. She never once screamed at him, like she would have to me. Anytime she would start to get nervous, he would calmly talk her down, and they'd slip the dental floss back on. They worked on the tooth for a good 1/2 hour, before we decided jokingly that we needed to get out the pliers. To our amazement, Ellie agreed, and the pliers were retrieved. 2 minutes later, the tooth was out, and Ellie
and Dennis were happy campers. :)
Thanks Uncle Dennis!
No comments:
Post a Comment