Monday, May 18, 2009

Accountability #9 - Wallet


I finally finished one of my projects that I've had bookmarked for eons. It only took a couple hours, and I think it turned out pretty well, wonky lines aside. I found the tutorial here. I've got three more cut out and ready to sew. I think the hardest part for me was the snaps. For the life of me I could not get my stuff together enough to figure out which direction to attach them. After two failed (backwards) attempts, I finally figured it out. Yay!

My dad is a self admitted dumpster diver. Because of the treasures he has brought home over the years, I am too. I'm pretty picky of course, but more than a few times I've found myself craning to see what's in the junk heap. My Dad found this treasure for me. Just thought I'd share.
I have no idea what I'm going to do with 500 or so bottle caps that say Orange Blossoms Soda, but I'm sure I'll find something to do with them! (Any ideas?)

6 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion, maybe you'd like to share a few of them with your mother-in-law, who thinks orange is red's bff. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wallet! It turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wallet Angie!! I just might have to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute wallet!!! When are we gonna hang out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are they filled with cork? Make a cork board/magnet board by alternating the sides of the caps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen super cute hair clips made with them. They are the center of bows. I bought some from a lady here and gave them to my nieces. You could make some and sell them on ebay or something. Cha ching!

    http://www.fromheadtobows.com/bottle_cap_hair_bows.html is a site I just found that has some cute examples.

    ReplyDelete