Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's the birthday season!

In addition to the celebration we had in Boise, Ellie had a "Garden Party" on her birthday with some of her little friends. She is the only person I know who loves flowers about as much as I do, so we went with it! I went crazy on the decorations and party favors - as usual:). We were going to have the party out under our Pear tree, but it was so hot outside that we decided last minute to move it indoors. We dragged our beastly heavy picnic table into the living room, and I tried to make it look like they were under a gazebo. The girls were so excited to play games and dress-up, have petit'fors and punch, and flaunt their pretty accessories. I'm starting to think it would be a blast to throw parties for a living...it'd be so much more fun spending someone else's money to throw an awesome party. Maybe some day! Thanks to all of Ellie's little friends for making it a memorable day!

8 comments:

  1. It was so cute angie! Rachel loved every minute of it! Her outfit cracks me up - leave it to my child to come in a halloween costume!:)
    thanks for inviting her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, I can't wait for the girly stuff. Side note, I think it is so funny that you still have that goldish chair in your living room :). I totally remember how comfortable it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you amaze me! what a fun mom you are... i hope that some of you rubs off on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good mommie! (minus the twilight saga) :) How did you make the hanging flowers? They are adorable! I might have to steal the Garden Party theme! Missed you this weekend! It was a drunk fest! Pretty much me and Tricia. :) The MOPO was too cool for a 10 year reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go ahead, steal away Alli! I'm glad you could tell they were flowers...and I wasn't too cool, just too broke for gas money!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you asked about the dress. I mostly made it from memory, and I winged it when it came to the arm holes, they were too big. I made up the elastic waitband part, which I overlapped in the back. Next time I would measure it all out, join it together, sew it on, leaving an opening in the back on the bottom to fish the elastic through. I am sure that doesn't make any sense. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are just the cutest mom I know. What a fun party! I love the hanging flowers and peti'fors. Happy birthday to your two adorable girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute are those girls! I'm sad we missed both Ellie's and Sydney's bdays! But we are having fun. We made it to Chicago at 3 AM on Tuesday morning! But we are having fun. Hope all is well. Oh and tell the girls happy bday from us!

    ReplyDelete